If you are a regular reader of GreenStory then you already know that few days before I started doing ‘how to do’ type post on Base makeup. previously I posted Makeup With Pancake | Heavy Base. check that if you haven’t yet.
Today I’ll talk about how to do basic makeup with foundation. With foundation, we can achieve heavy, medium to sheer makeup which more appropriate for our day to day makeup. I mean to say, makeup that is appropriate for individuals and not any stage makeup. I, myself always reach for a foundation (liquid to be more precise), for daily makeup to a party makeup. Using foundation for a base makeup is way easier than using pancake foundation of so.
Products for Basic Makeup With Foundation:
- a liquid foundation (obviously!) in medium to heavy coverage (as you prefer) in your skin shade (I used Rimmel for today, read review here)
- A concealer of your choice (I used here Revlon age defying spa)
- Translucent powder or any pressed/finishing powder (I used here Revlon Colorstay pressed powder)
- Some face brushes like powder/foundation/stipple/concealer/kabuki etc. Beauty sponge if u prefer that.
- Face Primer of your choice (I haven’t used here. A moisturizer can do the job as well).
- Start with a clean and moisturized face. Apply primer if you want. Then apply sufficient drops of your foundation. You can directly put foundation on your face or can take the foundation on the back of your hand or a mixing plate that your brush to apply that on the face.
- Start blending onto the face with the help of your brush. I’ve used ELF stipple brush here. You can definitely use finger tips for that, works almost the same way just with a brush it’s faster and easier. I prefer a brush to avoid messing with my hand as well. Blend your foundation until you get your desired smooth coverage. Add more layers if you want.
- Then apply concealer only in those areas where you need. Like, if you want to cover any dark spot or brighten up your under eye area. You can again use a concealer brush for that or sponge. I used simply my fingers here.
- Now, you are almost done. Just apply finishing powder very lightly to set the whole thing. You can also skip applying all over the face, just apply powder in those areas where it tends to crease or gets oily. For eg, under the eye or T-zone.
- Your foundation might take 5/10 min to set.
- Choosing a perfect shade according to your skin tone is the most important thing. Then check your skin type with the foundation type. If you have oily skin then a water-based foundation will be most suitable for you.
- Try to pick those foundation shade which matches to your neck/upper chest area. If you look carefully at the pictures above, I haven’t use any foundation in my neck area but after completing my base it totally matches with my neck. You can also pick your foundation shade matching with your hands. That’s how when you’re done with your makeup you won’t have to care for your hands if they are a bit tanned or bright.
- Choose concealer as close as possible to your skin tone to cover up dark spots.
- If your skin tends to oxidize choose a shade light foundation/press powder. Remember not to pick both of them in light shade, just one of them, either foundation or powder.
This is pretty much what actually I do to prepare my makeup base. You can also check out my next post on how to do Everyday Makeup.
Hope this post helps you to start with your makeup. Any suggestion, opinion, question let me know in the comment box below :)